- Heal mind, body and soul.
- Surround yourself with the island’s beauty.
- Enjoy delicious, organic vegetarian cuisine!
- Find inspiration for leading a healthier lifestyle!
- These retreats are designed for all levels of practice.
- For a full schedule email Dorothy
- SEE PHOTO’S
December 27-29, 2013
New Year Renewal
Starts at 4pm on Friday and ends at noon on Sunday.
Each year that goes by, do you wish you had time to reflect on the passing year and contemplate the New Year to come? If only the world would slow down for a few days so you could sit by the fire and journal; light some candles; have a meaningful and memorable experience. Celebrate! All of this will be available to you at this cozy New Year Renewal Retreat. Retreat from the world. Do this for you! Come by yourself or bring a friend or loved one.
What will the benefits be?….scroll down
- Stretch and strengthen the body with mindful asana practice.
- Candlelight Restorative class
- Learn the ‘Four Purifications’. Four pranayama exercises to balance the energy body and move stagnant energy keeping all vital areas healthy and stimulated.
- Practice simple meditations with profound effects
- Guided journaling. You might need to let go of the past to move into the the new.
- Forgiveness Asana Series – Offer negative aspects to the Divine; aspects that are obstacles to self-development and spiritual growth.
Pelvic Floor Health and Core Strengthening
These two areas are a concern for many…and should be!
Learn the difference between ‘training’ and ‘strengthening’ these vital areas.
Learn how to apply these skills to your yoga poses and to your daily life.
The benefits are many whether you are male or female.
Retreat to a sacred space
The beautiful Salt Spring Centre of Yoga is truly a spiritual place.
This is apparent from the moment you walk through the door.
Let Dorothy help you refine your practice, develop your ‘discipline’ and teach you how to let go of stress (even lifelong held stress). In the mornings explore the energetically balanced fluidity of Hatha and Hatha Flow Yoga and in the afternoons enjoy a slow, deeply inward turning practice. Dorothy is skilled at leading Multi Level classes; always giving plenty of verbal cues and modification options throughout classes. Let Dorothy know if you need specific guidance with one to one assistance. Learn more about Dorothy
In your free time; read a book, wander the gardens, sleep…you will be encouraged to enjoy the quietness of your time at the Centre. If weather permits, a group hike or walk will be offered during the free time on Friday afternoon.
Per Person Package Pricing:
- $445 – Shared (2 per room or 3-4 per room) w/shared bathroom
- $485 – Private w/shared bathroom
- $545 – Private ensuite with private bathroom
- $475 – Shared ensuite (2) with private bathroom
- $325 – Commuter (includes meals)
- all rooms share bathrooms except for the private ensuite
- Prices are in Canadian Funds and are subject to 5% GST.
- Add an additional $28 for pick up and drop off at the ferry (for those who would like to leave their car behind) this includes rides to the ‘market’ and to the hike
All-Inclusive Weekend Includes:
- 2 nights accommodation
- all meals and snacks (delicious organic vegetarian cuisine)
- 5 yoga sessions, including a ‘restorative’ evening
- daily meditation and pranayam classes
- TBA evening program
- wood fired sauna
- 1 beautiful walk/hike (optional)
Ways To Enhance Your Stay
- Massage and ayurvedic body treatments at the Chikitsa Shala Wellness Centre, located at the SS Centre
“I wouldn’t change a thing about this retreat. As soon as I stepped onto the property I felt a calming peaceful energy. The accommodations were fresh and tidy, the food was outstanding.
I loved that we spent the retreat on all 3 practices (pranayama, meditation and asana)…it’s always how I thought yoga was intended to be practiced.
Your instructions were fantastic!”
C. McCarthy, Edmonton, Alberta
(Spring Retreat, June 2012) View more testimonials
About the Salt Spring Centre of Yoga
The Salt Spring Centre of Yoga is nestled amid 70 acres of meadow, forest and organic gardens. Feel the peace and serenity that this spiritual centre affords as you enter the doors.
Inspired by master yogi and silent monk Baba Hari Dass, the Centre was established over 25 years ago as a peaceful, positive environment for teaching and practicing the ideals of the yoga practice. Baba Hari Dass continues to be the inspiration behind the Centre’s work.
The Centre is known for its delicious, nutritious vegetarian cuisine; much of which is grown in their organic gardens. They have created The Salt Spring Experience cookbook so you can take some of these wonderful recipes home with you!
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Should I bring my yoga mat?
Mats and props are provided.
Bring your yoga mat if you prefer to use your own.
Q: What should I bring?
Please bring toiletries; layered yoga clothing; comfortable, warm relaxation clothing; walking/hiking shoes; slippers; flashlight; alarm clock and rain clothes. A bathing suit and flip-flops for the sauna.
NB: Please do not bring or use scented (natural or other) creams, lotions, hair products etc. This is very important, as it can seriously affect others enjoyment of the program.
Q: Is cell phone reception available at the Centre?
Cell phone reception is available at the far end of the parking lot.
Also, a pay phone is offered for use.
Q: Is internet available at the Centre?
Yes, for lap top users.
Q: What if I get hungry between meals?
We serve up hearty meals and a mid afternoon snack. There will also be toast and fruit available for snacks.
Juice, soy milk and milk will be available in the fridge. If you think you might still get the munchies, feel free to bring your personal goodies or snacks (like granola bars, protein/greens drink etc.).
Q: What if I want to book a massage?
If you would like a have wonderful body treatment during the weekend (massage, etc.) please phone the Chikitsa Shala Wellness Centre at 1-250-537-8443. Book asap as they get very busy. Speaking from personal experience, these are wonderful and skilled women!
Q: How do I get to Salt Spring Island?
If you are coming from afar; the closest airport is Victoria. There, you can rent a car or take a cab to the Swartz Bay ferry terminal and catch a ferry to Salt Spring Island. If you are coming from the Vancouver area you can also travel on the ferry or take a float plane to Salt Spring, if preferred. www.saltspringair.com
The easiest way to get to Salt Spring from Vancouver is on the 10:10 am sailing from Tsawwassen on Thursday morning. It arrives at Long Harbour/SSI at 1:10 pm (see below). If you are planning to travel on this Tsawwassen/Long Harbour Ferry, please make a reservation as soon as possible. You might want to leave on the same route that leaves from Long Harbour in the afternoon or eve on Sunday. Foot passengers can not reserve so it is advised to arrive at least 30 mins before departure.
Other sailing options:
If you are coming from Vancouver and the above option does not work for you, then you could opt to take the following sailing from Tsawwassen to Swartz Bay and get a ‘through pass’ to Fulford Harbour/SSI. You can’t make a reservation on the Fulford Harbour ferry.
If you are coming from Nanaimo/Duncan area, You will want to come by Crofton/Vesuvius (SSI)… You can’t make a reservation on this ferry.
These ferries are very busy at this time of year, so plan to travel early if you don’t have a reservation.
Q: What is the address of the retreat?
Salt Spring Centre of Yoga – 355 Blackburn Road, Salt Spring Island, BC