If you have always wanted to go to Tuscany...here is your chance!
Come and experience the wonderful culture, beautiful scenery and delicious regional cuisine! Includes two guided walks. Come by yourself or bring a friend!
2014 is already filling up!
Villa Benvenuti, Tuscany, Italy
September 21-28, 2013 & September 13-20, 2014
Nestled in the hills of Lucca surrounded by forests and natural woodlands, Villa Benvenuti sits high on a hillside overlooking a panorama of olive groves, fruit trees and vineyards.
Located in the heart of Tuscany, just 30 minutes from Pisa and less than one hour from Florence, the 17th century villa has been fully restored and converted into an elegant retreat centre. The natural surroundings and secluded setting create an atmosphere of calm and stillness, making it ideal for yoga, spiritual practice or a relaxing holiday.
(Not to be confused with ‘Hotel Villa Benvenuti’)
Deepen your yoga practice, whether you are new on the yoga path or an experienced yogi. This rejuvenating retreat will feed your body, mind and soul.
Begin each morning with meditation and pranayama followed by an energetically balanced physical practice to energize the mind and body for the day ahead. Each afternoon the practice will explore the asanas more deeply; working to calm, restore and heal body, mind & spirit. Yin classes and Yoga Nidra will be offered on occasion.
- 7 nights accommodation + all linen and towels
- 3 delicious vegetarian meals per day
- Twice daily yoga classes
- Daily pranayama and meditation classes
- Wine (produced from the estate) at dinner
- Aperitivo with Prosecco on the last night
- An evening out at one of our favourite restaurants
- Fresh detox juice at breakfast
- Unlimited fruit, water and herbal teas throughout the day
- 2 Guided hikes (2 – 4 hrs) to hill top village with picnic lunch
- Free pick up from Lucca Train or Bus station
- This retreat does not include airfare!
*The approximate total cost including Registration/Tuition + Accommodation/Meals is $1820 CAD for ‘shared’ and $2140 CAD for ‘deluxe shared’. This approximation will vary with the rate of exchange for Euro’s.
Two separate payments are required. One for registration/tuition and one for accommodation/meals. See below.
*Registration + Accommodation = Total Fee.
- $700 CAD
Optional Excursions & Activities
- Nature Hikes around the villa and local area at your leisure
- Bike hire for one week – 80 euro per person
- Cooking Class at the villa – 35 euro per person. Minimum of 4 people is required.
- Informal guided tour of Lucca (3 hrs) – 30 euro per person including transport. Minimum of 4 people
- Wine tasting Excursion- 4 – 5 hr excursion including visit to a winery, tour, tasting and light lunch. The price is 75 euro per person including transportation. Minimum of 8 persons is required.
- Villa Visit & Gelati Excursion (2-3 hrs) - 30 euro per person including transport Visit one of the famous villas in Lucca followed by gelato at a lovely riverside gelateria. Minimum of 4 persons required.
- Massage and other holistic treatments – 75 euro for 60 minutes of Massage. 35 euro for 30 minutes of Pranotherapy or Reflexology
The yoga sessions will be a balanced combination of sustained poses as well as poses flowing in a mindful progression from one to another (Hatha Flow). Mindfulness and focus on breath are an integral part of class. Attention is always given to basic alignment & therapeutic principals.
- Modifications are offered to help individuals understand and work with their own unique limitations.
- Classes are balanced with energy, to give you a good physical work-out and calm to keep you balanced.
- Classes are suited for all levels of practice
Pranayama and Meditation
Methodically work through pranayama techniques designed to purify the body and prepare the mind for meditation. Explore a number of meditation styles to find which one/s work best for you. All taught on a beginner level.
Yoga and meditation is practiced in several indoor and outdoor spaces – each with a unique atmosphere of peace and tranquility for centering the mind and body. Yoga mats, blankets, cushions, belts, blocks and yogitoes skid less towels are provided. There are also three grassed terraces with views overlooking the hills and olive groves which we use in the warmer months for sunrise and sunset sessions, where one can fully savour the serenity of the Tuscan countryside.
Wine, olive oil, herbs, vegetables & fruit are all produced in abundance on the estate and provide the essential ingredients for our deliciously fresh, vegetarian meals. Mariangela Morelli, our wonderful Lucchese cook lovingly prepares seasonal dishes typical of the region during the retreats using fresh pickings either from our organic garden or local producers. We also make our own fresh juices and cleansing herbal teas using fresh herbs and fruit from our garden. Our retreat centre is very relaxed and informal and participants are free to help themselves to fresh fruit, water and herbal teas every day.
- The Villa consists of 7 bedrooms; 5 bathrooms.
- All bedrooms are ‘shared’ with 2 singlebeds.
- 3 of the bedrooms are en-suite and 4 of the bedrooms share 2 bathrooms.
- There are no private rooms available
Rooms are spacious, light and decorated in a simple & elegant style.
The villa is spread over 3 floors.
The Villa has generous indoor and outdoor living spaces, estate produced wine, olive oil, fruit, vegetables and herbs and a swimming pool.
About Villa Benvenuti
Villa Benvenuti is a 17th century country villa set amongst 28 hectares of natural woodlands.
Restored to the highest standards, everything at Villa Benvenuti has been arranged with nature and simplicity in mind – traditional terracotta tile flooring and wooden beams, simple and elegant furnishings and beautiful outdoor living spaces. Guest rooms are spacious and stylish, each one distinct from the other. Living areas include a dining room with fireplace, summer sitting room, library, a large drawing room and a country kitchen with a terrace for alfresco dining.
The grounds are extensive and lush with both formal and informal garden areas. There are several grassed terraces for enjoying the beautiful vistas, a secret garden waiting to be discovered, bubbling fountains and sheltered spaces for meditation, reading or relaxing. A swimming pool is set away from the house in a rustic setting amongst olive groves and oak trees and simple cotton hammocks are sprinkled throughout the estate in unexpected places of beauty.
The location of Villa Benvenuti is unique in that it is lies cocooned amongst forested hills, olive groves and unspoiled nature, yet it is only 15 minutes from the beautiful medieval city of Lucca- voted by Forbes magazine to be the second most idyllic place to live in Europe and number one inItaly!
The extensive grounds and all facilities on the estate are available for use during the retreat, including the landscaped gardens, outdoor terraces, swimming pool, fruit trees, herbs and kitchen garden. A separate massage studio located in the secret garden is also available for in-house massages and holistic treatments.
Tuscany is known for its gorgeous landscapes, its rich artistic legacy and its influence on high culture. Tuscany is regarded as the true birthplace of the Italian Renaissance, and has been home to many influential people in the history of arts and science, such as Petrarch, Dante, Boccaccio, Botticelli, Michelangelo, Niccolo Machiavelli, Leonardo da Vinci, Galileo Galilei, Amerigo Vespucci, Luca Pacioli, Amedeo Modigliani and Giacomo Puccini. As a result of this, the region has several museums (such as the Uffizi, the Pitti Palace and the Chianciano Museum of Art). Tuscany has a unique culinary tradition, and is famous for its wines (most famous of which are Chianti, Vino Nobile di Montepulciano, Morellino di Scansano and Brunello di Montalcino).
The regional capital is Florence (Firenze).
Travel information for Tuscany.
- 35 minutes to Pisa
- 15 minutes to Lucca
- 1 hour 10 minutes toFlorence
- 3 hours to Milan and Rome
- cheapest flights on Kayak