7 spots left as of March 9, 2017. 'CONTACT' US FOR HELPFUL FLIGHT INFORMATION.
Il Borghino Villa & Retreat Centre near Lucca, Italy.
September 9-16, 2017!
Literally meaning “small village”, Villa Il Borghino offers a secluded setting in a hill top position with magnificent views overlooking forests, vineyards, olive groves and mountains in the distance. Located just 10 km from the charming medieval city of Lucca, Il Borghino offers an opportunity to truly relax and unwind in a unique location whilst experiencing the best that Tuscany has to offer.
The retreat centre has been designed to maintain the original character of the village while still being both comfortable and modern. Meticulously restored with energy efficiency and a concern for the environment in mind, it has been completely restored using natural materials such as wood, marble and terracotta.
This Retreat Includes:
– 7 nights accommodation
– 3 delicious vegetarian meals per day (except for 1 dinner and 2 lunches due to day trips)
– Twice daily yoga classes (most days…depending on day trips)
– Daily pranayama and meditation classes
– Fresh detox juice at breakfast
– Unlimited fruit, water and herbal teas throughout the day
– Wine (produced from the estate) at dinner
– Last night celebratory dinner with Prosecco and Pizza using the wood-fired pizza oven at Il Borghino.
– Use of the salt water swimming pool
– One special afternoon in the Turkish Steam Room
– 1 Guided hike (2 – 4 hrs)
– Laundry facilities in each house for use by guests
– Transfers to and from Lucca to Il Borghino at the start and finish of the retreat
– This retreat does not* include airfare
Per Person Pricing:
- Shared Accommodation(2 per room)
$700 CAD plus $1250 Euro equals total retreat cost
- Private Accommodation
$700 CAD plus $1500 Euro equals total retreat cost
(there are a limited number of private rooms available)
- Deluxe Private Accommodation
$700 CAD plus $1750 Euro equals total retreat cost
ACCOMMODATION, ROOMS and FACILITIES
Il Borghino comprises three separate houses and can accommodate up to 16 retreat participants. The rooms are large, simple and furnished tastefully in local Tuscan style, each with fabulous views from every window. There are fly screens on all windows and electric fans in every room. As the building is old, the walls are very thick which means the villa stays cool in the summer months. Each house is fully self-contained and offers every facility to meet the needs and privacy of both yoga teachers and retreat guests. Tea and coffee making facilities are also available in each house for use by retreat guests outside meal times.
The large communal area, “L’Olivo”, is the hub of the retreat centre – a place for retreat guests to gather during the day, enjoy meals together, share experiences and of course, practice daily yoga. There is a wood-fired pizza oven which we make use of during the retreat, and a gorgeous outdoor terrace with panoramic views for al fresco dining. Drinking water comes directly from a spring.
There is a salt-water swimming pool with Jacuzzi that retreat guests can relax in whilst soaking up the views and a Turkish Sauna to help cleanse and detoxify during the week.
Il Borghino retreat centre is ideally located just 15 mins from Lucca, 30 minutes from Pisa Airport, 1.5 hrs from Florence and 1.5 hrs from the breathtaking Cinque Terre region, making it the perfect base to explore Tuscany.
YOGA & MEDITATION FACILITIES
There are indoor and outdoor spaces for practicing yoga – each with a unique atmosphere of peace and tranquillity for centering the mind and body. The indoor yoga room is located downstairs in the communal area with glass windows looking into the swimming pool. Constructed with wooden flooring and is fully equipped with yoga mats, blankets, bolsters, belts and blocks. There are also several grassed terraces with views overlooking the hills and olive groves which can be used in the warmer months for sunrise & sunset sessions, where one can fully savour the serenity of the Tuscan countryside.
Wine, olive oil, herbs, vegetables & fruit provide the essential ingredients for our deliciously fresh, vegetarian meals. Our wonderful Lucchese cook lovingly prepares seasonal dishes typical of the region. As we are in Tuscany, we do indulge in local cheeses, pasta, breads, wines and other delights, so although our menu is not a strict cleanse, we do offer plenty of healthy choices with nuts, seeds, legumes, plenty of vegetables and salads, rice, amaranth, quinoa, buckwheat, fresh fruit and yogurt. We source our food from local producers and wherever possible, we use organic grains, fruit and vegetables. We also make our own fresh fruit and vegetable juices and cleansing herbal teas using fresh herbs from the garden. Organic wine, olive oil and honey is produced in the surrounding agricultural area near Il Borghino and is served during our retreats. Upon request, we can cater for gluten free and lactose free dietary requirements.
The yoga sessions will be a balanced combination of sustained poses as well as poses flowing in a mindful progression from one to another (Hatha Flow). Mindfulness and focus on breath are an integral part of class. Attention is always given to basic alignment & therapeutic principals.
- Modifications are offered to help individuals understand and work with their own unique limitations.
- Classes are balanced with energy, to give you a good physical work-out and calm to keep you balanced.
- Classes are suited for all levels of practice
PRANAYAMA & MEDITATION
Methodically work through pranayama techniques designed to purify the body and prepare the mind for meditation. Explore a number of meditation styles to find which one/s work best for you. All taught on a beginner level.
OPTIONAL HEALING ART THERAPIES
For an additional charge, massages and holistic treatments are available in-house during your retreat with our team of experienced therapists. We offer body massage, Reflexology, Reiki and Energy healing – all of which will help participants relax, unwind, release tensions and improve wellbeing. Treatments can be booked upon arrival.
OPTIONAL EXCURSIONS AND ACTIVITIES
– Informal bike and walking tour of Lucca (3 hrs.)
– Wine tasting Excursion (3-4 hrs.): Includes a scenic 3km walk (each way) to a beautiful local winery, followed by a very interesting tour and a tasting. (Taxi can be hired if needed)
– Cooking Class at Il Borghino (2-3 hrs.):
– Spend the day exploring the breath-taking Cinque Terre Region, walking and hiking (or travel between the villages by train) between the 5 spectacular coastal villages (full day):
– Excursion to the lively artist’s village of Pietrasanta (half day). We will go here on the day that supper is not provided at the Villa.
– Excursion to Viareggio (half day) seaside town. Visit the longest beach in the Italian Mediterranean! Ride bikes on the boulevard. Have a delicous lunch at restaurant Casa Blanca (one of Dorothy’s favourite restaurants in Italy) and then a dip/swim if weather permits.
Deepen your yoga practice, whether you are new on the yoga path or an experienced yogi. This rejuvenating retreat will feed your body, mind and soul. Begin each morning with meditation and pranayama followed by an energetically balanced physical practice to energize the mind and body for the day ahead. Each afternoon the practice will explore the asanas more deeply; working to calm, restore and heal body, mind & spirit. Yin classes and Yoga Nidra will be offered on occasion. CLICK HERE TO CONTACT DOROTHY FOR OUR WEEKLONG SCHEDULE AND HELPFUL TRAVEL INFORMATION